Coding

I've successfully managed to install SDL on my Visual Studio. After some tweaking the .exe file is 40 kb (debug mode, so I guess it will be even smaller in release mode). This means it will probably be no problem to create a 96k game with this configuration.

I guess the first thing I'll code is gonna be "shadeblobs" :-) ((c) by one of our proofreaders)

OK, I've managed to reduce the size of my SDL template .exe to 7168 bytes. It's still in debug mode as I get a linker error when trying to build the project in release mode (it says: "msvcrt.lib(MSVCR71.dll) : error LNK2005: _exit bereits in LIBC.lib(crt0dat.obj) definiert" - maybe somebody knows how to fix that?). Anyway, this leaves more than 88 kb for code, gfx and music - that oughtta be enough to make something decent. What a coincidence: CoaXCable has asked me to join his group CoolPHat as a demo/game coder - so maybe he has some ideas about what I could code (i.e. better ideas than I currently have). 

Kommentare

Beliebte Posts aus diesem Blog

The Demoscene

Digital Art Natives

Autobiographical Sketch