Celebrating 20 years of demoscene activity

I just remembered it was about the end of 1997, when I was 14 years old, that I started hanging out on demoscene IRC channels. So it is my personal 20 year anniversary now. I have definitely been involved in the demoscene. It is not justified if somebody says I have no demoscene connections. In April 1998, I won an x86 Assembler size coding contest organized by a demoscene magazine. My own diskmag has focused on the demoscene since issue 11, from June 1998. Since 2008, I have participated in several demoscene competitions with my 256b intros and gamedev projects. So I have actually made more than only the diskmag. I think this is enough for me to be called a demoscener. Of course, more is yet to come.

I am going to participate in the Demobit 2018 competitions with a photo and a 256 byte intro. If you happen to live close enough to Bratislava and have free time in the beginning of February, I highly recommend that you come to the party! I have already been there in 2017 and enjoyed it very much. For more information: http://www.demobit.party/

My list of prods that participated in demoscene competitions so far:
- Indian Summer: 256b intro for 0a000h 2008 (Germany), placed 2nd
- Adok's Magic Cube: Game for TUM 2010 (Germany), placed 8th
- Adok's Number Maze: Game for TUM 2010 (Germany), placed 7th
- Ballonschlacht: Game for Function 2012 (Hungary), placed 6th
- Cirix: Game for Function 2012 (Hungary), placed 5th
- Hugi Special Edition #4: Entry for the Wild compo at Function 2012 (Hungary), placed 6th
- random1234: Entry for the Combined Intro compo at Demobit 2017 (Slovakia), placed 3rd
- Adoktro: Entry for the 64k intro compo at qbparty 2017 (Hungary), placed 4th

On this occasion, I have given myself a present and purchased the domain http://www.vienna-demoscene.net/. This link for now leads to a Facebook group which I have created for demosceners in the Vienna / Bratislava region, "Vienna / Bratislava Region Demoscene & Computer Arts". It would be cool to have a more active local demo community here.

Kommentare

Beliebte Posts aus diesem Blog

The Demoscene

Digital Art Natives

Autobiographical Sketch