Why I make Hugi

I guess some people have asked themselves why I'm making Hugi, and I think that it would be a good idea to clear this question. So, why am I making it?

1. Because it's useful. Making Hugi gives me the feeling of doing something that makes sense. The diskmag informs and entertains its readers. While I have the feeling that I'm wasting time when pursuing other leisure activities such as playing games, I don't have that feeling when working on Hugi.

2. Because it's creative. Selecting graphics, music and articles for the magazine, arranging them, tweaking the settings (colours etc.) - that's a creative process which satisfies a natural desire of mine.

3. Originally I also made Hugi to gain some respect in the PC scene community, but as a matter of fact, you don't get much. By making a diskmag, you mostly get respect from other diskmag editors - but these days, I'm almost the only diskmag editor still active.

What I certainly don't make Hugi for is the enjoyment of writing articles or the wish to get my articles spread to a large audience. Hugi is focused on a narrow range of topics these days, most of the topics that interest me don't fit into the diskmag. When I write for Hugi, I mostly have to write about stuff that doesn't really interest me, and so there's no reason why I should be happy about these of my articles being read by the masses. The only recent article series I enjoyed writing was the diskmag encyclopedia, which in turn seemed to hardly interest anybody else, judging from the little amount of feedback we received on this article series.

To publish texts of mine I consider interesting, I have this blog, my own homepage, the blog at julis.at, the topIQ magazine, Facebook, and so on.

Kommentare

Beliebte Posts aus diesem Blog

The Demoscene

Digital Art Natives

Autobiographical Sketch