My Metaphysics

My most fundamental assumption is that no-one of us is really able to state with certainty that he or she knows something. We can only assume that we know something, but it is always possible that our memory is deceived or that for other reasons what we believe to know is not true.

The next assumption is that there are two separate worlds we live in, the physical world and the world of imagination, thoughts, ideas, fantasy and dreams. While the physical world is governed by certain natural laws, these restrictions do not apply to the world of imagination. Everything that exists in the physical world can be imagined, but we can also imagine things that do not exist in the physical world as well as things that will never come to existence in the physical world. That is why I consider the world of imagination the primary world, which makes me an idealist.

The distinction between living and non-living things, to my mind, is that living things are conscious, which links the two worlds together. Living things are not only things that exist in the physical world, but they themselves have access to the world of imagination and can think of dreams and ideas.

I think that it can be argued that gods exist simply because they are imagineable, so at least they exist in the world of imagination, even if they may or may not exist in the physical world. In my own private religion, I consider life and death to be two antagonstic godly forces. I worship life and believe that I am able to live for ever by being a loyal follower of the god of life. That also implies that time is linear, not cyclic. There was a start when everything began, and perhaps there is no end for this world to come.

Basically, these are my views. I created my private religion when I was a child at elementary school age.

Kommentare

Beliebte Posts aus diesem Blog

The Demoscene

Digital Art Natives

Autobiographical Sketch