Intelligence Quotient and Academic Degrees

Regarding the intelligence quotient, I actually tend to believe that it is just an arbitrary measurement. The fact that the value of the IQ the same person gets on the test varies from test to test implies that it is possible to measure different types of IQ.

In this context, I wonder whether completing a university degree might also be an indication of a particular (minimum) IQ. For example, I have a Master's degree in computational intelligence. This degree programme has existed for about 20 years and each year there are about 10 graduates, so I am one out of 200 graduates that exist. If we compute what percentage of the Austrian population this number corresponds to and to what IQ score this translate, we get an IQ of 160. Because of what I've explained before, I do think that it is acceptable to state that, being a computational intelligence graduate, I have an IQ of 160 or higher.

Kommentare

Beliebte Posts aus diesem Blog

The Demoscene

Digital Art Natives

Autobiographical Sketch