My Education: Theoretical Computer Science

Einstein said that education is what remains once you've forgotten everything you learned. In addition to what Einstein said, I think education is mainly what touched your heart at school. In this sense, my education revolves mainly about theoretical computer science. This is, from all I learned at school or university, what interested me the most. I'm sure that if I had been free to study whatever I wanted, I'd chosen a route that would have led me to enrol in the degree programme in computational intelligence, as that allowed me to focus on algorithms, formal logics and theoretical computer science. Actually, regardless of what grades I obtained in the exams, there is little where my knowledge is so fundamentally rooted as in theoretical computer science. So I'd perhaps even call myself a theoretical computer scientist by training, although I'm working as a practical computer scientist, i.e. programmer.

Kommentare

Beliebte Posts aus diesem Blog

The Demoscene

Digital Art Natives

Autobiographical Sketch