Studying Chemistry

I would love to learn more about chemistry - as Max Planck put it, not to become a chemist, but to learn the basics.

I believe that engineering chemistry at the Vienna University of Technology would be the perfect degree for me. Not to earn money but to satisfy my curiosity.

I already told my mother that I wanted to study chemistry before I graduated from high school. After completing my degrees in medicine and computer science I spent a lot of time wondering what else I would like to study. I came up with chemistry among other options. In the end chemistry seems to be the most attractive option of all.

A chemistry degree is much more about understanding than a degree in medicine, in which rote memorization plays the main role. And as I have recently written, if you have understood something once, you will understand it for your life time.

However, studying chemistry is not something you can do in part time next to your job. So I will only be able to do it after retiring.

Kommentare

Beliebte Posts aus diesem Blog

The Demoscene

Digital Art Natives

Autobiographical Sketch