Foundation of the demoscene

Quote:

The scene has originally been founded by people (mostly on the autistic spectrum) who wanted to escape getting bullied for being nerdy. The C64 copy parties and everything that followed was our "safe space" as it is called these days, our escape from a hostily [sic] world.

This is an interesting explanation of the demoscene.

The quote is from Scamp. Scamp is several years older than me. Apparently in his youth computer nerds were still outsiders. I have not made this experience. Many of my classmates played computer games. Although I was the only one to already teach myself programming at age eight, several of my classmates started doing so at age twelve. And nobody was bullied for not being interested in sports.

Kommentare

Beliebte Posts aus diesem Blog

Mein Engagement für die Computerkunst-Community

Wonach ich mich immer gesehnt habe

Hochschulkarriere