What kept me occupied for 18 years

This website contains my major project that kept me occupied for 18 years:

https://hugi.scene.org/

Even after I stopped making the magazine in 2014, I kept contributing demos and intros to the community. I also visited related websites every day and sometimes made postings to the forums.

This has ended now. For some weeks I haven't been following the computer art community any more, and I've tried to spend my time learning about other things. A new chapter will start in my life. We will see whether I'll focus on professional software engineering for 100% or whether I'll return to academia and do some scientific work (which will also involve programming).

In any case, what has fascinated me about demos was the technical challenge to create animations with music in just 64k or even 4k of code. I participated in a size optimizing contest myself and won first place, whereupon I organized thirty contests of that kind myself.

Maybe I'll focus on artificial intelligence now, or just become a better software engineer. In any case, there's much to learn. And the website of the Hugi Magazine will continue being hosted by Scene.org and won't vanish.

Kommentare

Beliebte Posts aus diesem Blog

Mein Engagement für die Computerkunst-Community

Wonach ich mich immer gesehnt habe

Hochschulkarriere