Pharamacology Lecture

Tomorrow I'll take an exam in image processing, the day after tomorrow an exam in information systems on healthcare, till Friday our group will have to finish some documents for the software engineering project, and till Saturday some UML documents will have to be finished for another course. This leaves me little time for studying pharmacology, which actually is my primary interest at the moment. :( Anyway, I cannot complain of boredom.

The pharmacology lecture by Prof. Freissmuth is really good. I attend it every day. He is one of the rare lecturers at the medical university who seem to love teaching. His lecture contains many clinical examples, anecdotes, and interaction with students. He himself poses questions to individual students, and he is equally ready to answer students' questions. I want to choose him as my examinator. But till I can take the exam, I still have to learn a lot.

The other students (less than 50 in the auditory) seem to be very interested and diligent, too, and this makes the atmosphere enjoyable. Some of them have already been learning pharmacology for a longer time, others have started to learn about the same time as me; it's a great variety, as always at our university.

Prof. Freissmuth also does "small group teaching" for the new medical curriculum. Once I was there since it overlapped with our (old curriculum students') lecture. What made a big impression on me was that the professor knew the students' names and called them by them. It's been a long time that I experienced something like this. If students aren't anonymous, this is an extra motivation to study well in order not to get a bad reputation.

Kommentare

Beliebte Posts aus diesem Blog

The Demoscene

Digital Art Natives

Autobiographical Sketch